Friday, October 25, 2013

Shift is happening

I’m honestly a little saddened by the shifts in interactions between people. We are in this stage of growth where you are not a child anymore but not an adult either. Let me explain what I mean.

As I experience the whirlwind we are currently wrapped into, I realize that we are heading to an incredible era. We are becoming more aware of the capacity we have to communicate instantaneously and, who knows, we might reach telepathy at a large scale very soon.

My sadness comes from trying to adjust to it, I guess. I notice how people’s attention span is getting shorter. We are no longer satisfied with fast information; we want it faster, more variety, and in a constant influx. Not that this is bad; in some way we are expanding the capacity of the brain to absorb more information; however the quality of information is not necessarily all that good for our brain development and the speed is teaching us a different way of connecting with others.

I watch people shifting from task to task within seconds. This could be called multi-tasking, ADHD or just simply short attention span. By the way, none of these adjectives are meant in a negative way. I know of many highly successful business people who fit these characteristics perfectly and I believe that the mastering of these qualities is what contributed to their success.

What I see developing is a way of communication that requires shorter, faster, more exciting and engaging messages that keep the audiences hooked for at least six seconds. Then shift to another message or task. Squirrel! Then shift again.

I’m saddened because I noticed that this is transferring to the way we talk to each other in our daily lives and I’m not used to it. I can see it on TV, Internet and the way people talk to each other; we interrupt, we don’t completely listen to each other’s arguments or opinions, we shift to the next, more exciting topic and we lose track of what the other person was saying.

I’m trying to adjust to all of these and see the positive side because there is no going back, we are already well on our way. Perhaps we’ll start connecting less through words and more through wavelengths, instinctual feelings, or telepathically. I hope to be alive to witness it if that’s the case.

What I wish is more of a heart connection.

I can see how the social networks and other mediums of communication are allowing people to connect to more people, even strangers, or perhaps is encouraging more isolation since people are glued to their electronics, I don’t know for sure. What I do know is that people are reaching out further, expressing themselves more openly, and opening their minds and hearts to others around the planet.

I believe that if we get to connect to our hearts through whatever way it works, art, music, blogs, laughter, social networks, etc, then we are evolving towards a more fulfilling and integrative lifestyle that might benefit us all.

Those are my thoughts. I intent to continuously adapt, evolve, accept and grow from every experience and enjoy the miracle of life.

Until the next blog.







No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this article? I welcome your comments here.