Saturday, March 31, 2012

I'm invisible today

As I'm driving around I'm noticing people not noticing me. And I'm not talking about the narcissistic-need-to-be-seen point of view but the driving-towards-me-and-almost-hitting-me point of view. It happened so many times that I thought I must be invisible today.
Then I noticed that it's not just me who is invisible, we are all invisible to each other.
It saddens me to see people living life mindlessly, going about without really noticing what's around them, not slowing down enough to smell the roses.
Our minds are so filled with worry and incessant chatter that we walk around like zombies, missing life entirely.
Flowers blooming, birds chirping, children laughing, wind blowing, and people passing are all completely ignored as we go about our lives mindlessly.
When did we become so disconnected? Is this how we learned to cope with life challenges?
I think sometimes we get so used to worrying that it becomes a way of living and we forget to do something else.
When we worry we don't allow room for anything else in our minds and lives. There is no room even for solutions or opportunities because we are closed up, we are not present, we are not connected.

I invite you to look around and notice, without judgment, just notice. Maybe an opportunity will present itself or maybe you'll just enjoy the moment for what it is.
Noticing you,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this article? I welcome your comments here.